“Excellence is in the Details” is the tagline on all of Pastor CeCe McCoo’s communique because it is the motto she lives by. She is a woman of excellence who gives her best to the Master.
Wearing many hats, she is the pastor of True Fellowship Church, president of PreacherWoman, wife, mother, police chaplain, and professional counselor. A balanced woman, she loves to laugh, travel, and shop.
Pastor CeCe believes in doing all thing well. On June 9, 2018, PreacherWoman hosted the 2018 gala in which women who have poured their lives out for Jesus and impacted their communities for Christ were honored. Pastor CeCe made sure everything was superb. For example:
- Beautiful greeters seated the guests. The honorees’ pictures were displayed on the tables and flashed upon a large screen during the gala. There was an ice sculpture, an enormous candy bar, and crystal centerpieces.
- A jazz musician, DJ, praise dancers, and soloist ushered in the Holy Spirit’s presence throughout the gala.
- The food was delicious, the awards were made of lead crystal, the hotel staff was efficient, and the photographer was patient.
- The Leading Ladies, founding members of PreacherWoman, are Pastor Cynthia Ringo and Pastor Stacey Mims. They were pleasing to the eyes, ears, and spirit.
- The support staff (member manager, administration manager, communication manager, chaplain, and special events manager) were there to do whatever was needed.
Pastor CeCe sets a high bar for women who want to be in minister. Following are only a few of the lessons we can learn from her life:
- Bring your talents to church. Whether you teach, preach, sing, dance, cook, clean, sew, decorate, or cut grass, your skills are needed in your local church.
- Do all things to the best of your ability. “And whatever you do in word and deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him” (Colossians 3:17, NKJV).
- It is okay to laugh. A merry heart does good, like a medicine” (Proverbs 17:22, NKJV).
- Honoring others is honorable. “Love one another with brotherly love. Outdo one another in showing honor” (ESV).
- Ask for help. Do not be a Lone Ranger. “A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken” Ecclesiastes 4:12, NLV).
“Excellence is in the details” is a phrase we all should contemplate and incorporate into our lives. We serve an excellent God. Let us give Him our best.